This is especially true when a property portfolio may contain older, historic buildings and buildings where use may have changed over time.
As a building owner you have a responsibility to ensure fire, life, and health and safety components operate as they did when the building was granted its original Occupancy Certificate.
In order to achieve this, Essential Safety Measures (ESM) inspection cycles and subsequent maintenance are required by all property owners. An Annual Essential Safety Measures Report (AESMR) must also be prepared for buildings young and old.
TPG provides virtual, cloud-based simple solutions and reporting to ensure your building is compliant and remains in a constant state of compliance at the critical checkpoints of the ESM cycle. Our cloud-based solution provides real-time reporting functions and is structured and supportive to ensure your tenants are safe and protected.
TPG Essential Safety Measures Services include:
- ESM review and status; reporting and recommendations.
- ESM inspection schedules.
- ESM Manual implementation, recording and maintenance and compliance support.
- Compliance certification and Annual Sign Off to meet legislative requirements.
Competent specialists identify ESM’s within each building (office, school, commercial premises), issue a Maintenance Determination that will outline the ESM installed and execute inspections at relevant cycle times.
TPG provide a simple, user-friendly, 7-step ESM process:
Our solution engages networked industry professionals to facilitate:
- A property review and inspection process to establish a uniform ‘health status’ in relation to ESM’s and;
- Execute our model and implement a cost effective and ongoing ESM inspection program that is virtual, cloud-based and reported in real-time to ensure information is relevant and up-to-date.
TPG ESM Services work to close-the-loop on your organisation’s ESM inspection, rectification and compliance obligations so you can focus on your core mission, vision and ministry objectives.